Quality is hard to assess and our measurement systems are ineffective resulting in ship decisions that can negatively impact our quality. We use OCA analysis - What else? Are we testing the right things - What classes of things are we missing that our customers see? What is the effectiveness of our tests? When are we going to ship? What is the quality and when will we get there? God, this thing always grows on you.
1. Articulating quality of product
2. Coverage – block, functional, user scenario, … What are the ‘right’ goals?
3. Bugs found by: Customer vs. Internal (non-team) vs. Team found.
5. Lots of possible metrics, so question is: What are the core set all teams need to measure? How to relate other (old and new) metrics to quality?
6. Establishing Ship Criteria – what’s the right set to base ship/no-ship decisions on?
7. Test Effectiveness – including measuring changes
8. How to define "Done"
9. Is it "good"?
--For items 8 & 9, i am contemplating of writing a paper and filing for patency
10. Customer perception of quality is low
--this soft phrasing still makes it sound like it's the customers' problem
11. Ineffective measurement systems
--or worse, "misleading measurement systems"
12.Measuring Product Quality